Monday, March 31, 2008

Glar!

So many problems finishing my comic. I was going to turn in two of them. One, the one I worked the hardest on, was about the anthropology surrounding area 51, and was going to be a dichotomy between government and civilian, truth versus conspiracy, abstraction versus reality. Told in two parts, the first the story of Bob Lasar, and the skywatchers surrounding the base, who would constitute reality and conspiracy, but be more believable. And the second about General Lemay, who ran SAC throughout the cold war, and was certifiably nuts. It would resent this to you, and you could choice to be believe one, and the world in the story would make sense, or all the desperate parts, and it would make no sense at all. My talents, and my time were not enough to get this finished.
NO big deal, I had a second one done. An adaptation of a Donald Bartheleme story. I was going to turn this one in last Wednesday--since it is more like a readymade--, but all last week I started getting back spasms in the morning, and migraines at night.
NO BIG DEAL. Spencer gave us until next Monday to turn it in. So I spend all weekend tidying the Don B. one up, and trying to get the Dreamland one done-the title of the area 51 comic, partly based on the book by Phil Patton.
So, I print it out last night, which I certainly could have done much earlier, since I actually had this one, the Don B. one, done a while ago. Whoops, formatting is wrong, and the pages are full paper length, not mini-comic length. So, I spent all night reformatting it, it looks pretty good. I have to stick it together and go see Spencer to get copies made. Which I was also going to do for this one last week, but was getting migraines last Friday. Oh, and my back spasms occur because I tore the muscles in between my shoulder blades when I was doing road construction when I was seventeen. Woe is me.


Also, this assignment was awesome, and really challenging. Of course I failed at it, but I still loved doing it.

No comments: